- Informs you of health equity issues and disparities in West Michigan.
- Helps you better understand health equity as it relates to you.
- Provides you with recommendations to address health equity issues.
- Encourages you to be more active in your community.
- Brings more attention to health equity issues to draw support and resources.
It is the practice of providing everyone, especially those with the fewest resources and greatest health disparities such as Blacks, with enough opportunities, resources and support to achieve optimal levels of health.
What rationale was used to categorize indicators as either a health outcome, health behavior or social determinant of health?
- An indicator was classified as a health outcome, if it is a chronic illness or condition that usually requires medical attention or treatment. It cannot be performed.
- An indicator was classified as a health behavior, if it is a health action or practice that can be performed.
- An indicator was classified as a social determinant of health, if it is a condition or circumstance that influences people’s health in more indirect ways. It is not directly health-related.